The AZ LTAP program exclusively offers Heavy Equipment Training and Certification to Local Governments of Arizona on a per request basis. This program was created as a result of the LTAP Needs Assessment which indicated that 68 percent of local agencies throughout Arizona have a significant need for Heavy Equipment training.
AZ LTAP provides certification for the following pieces of heavy equipment:
- Motor Grader I and II
- Backhoe I and II
- Bulldozer I and II
- Front End Loader
- Wheeled Excavator
- Gannon (Box Scraper)
- Bucket Truck (Aerial Lift)
Each piece of equipment is trained for thirty (30) hours a week over a three (3) day period, with a minimum of 3 participants per piece of equipment. LTAP requires three (3) participants minimum per class and a maximum of 12 participants.
Requesting agency is responsible for providing the following:
- Assemblage of all equipment
- Minimum of 3 to 10 miles of unpaved road or large work area (Practical Location)
- A classroom for 4-5 hours on the first day (Training Room); and
- Proper materials for the equipment (i.e. fuel, oil, and grease).
To conduct training, the training facilities must be equipped with the following:
- TV/VCR (or projector/TV laptop hookup)
- Whiteboard or Flipchart
- Reliable equipment: one piece of equipment per three participants
- Equipment support
- Transportation of equipment to and from training site
- Training/work area
- Blue staked
- Free as possible of obstructions (overhead and underground)
- Large enough area to hold up to five pieces of equipment
- *Recommended: Existing job to be rehabilitated or upgraded
- Agencies typically begin training at Level I (if applicable). The AZ LTAP instructor can “fast track” an agency or agency participant depending on demonstrated experience, technique, and quality of work.
- Required paperwork must be returned as soon as possible to ensure course. Training is based on first come, first serve basis.
- If course is to be cancelled LTAP requires a one-week notice prior to the training start date.
- Review the training requirements and policies outlined above before submitting a request.
- A completed On-Demand Training Request (fillable) form must be submitted to AZ LTAP at [email protected]. LTAP will send a Training Confirmation once the required documentation has been received. Incomplete forms will be returned.
- Instructor will follow up with the agency contact pre- and post-training, if necessary.
- Training certificates will be sent a few weeks after completion of the training.
- If you have additional questions, contact us via email ([email protected]) or phone (##).